(Originally posted by OldAuditor on March 10, 2010)
Discard the meaningless labels
Words like standard tech, squirreling, and SP declare have been made meaningless by the redefinition of words in the current Church of Scientology. These are labels of the corrupt church we once were a part of.
Standard tech now refers to Golden Age of Tech altered processes and definitions.
Squirreling has always been used to label those who found errors in LRH tech or suggested a better way to get something done. (This will be covered in detail in another post.)
SP declares are used to intimidate anyone questioning anything or referring to LRH Bulletins or Policy letters.
The overt and covert alteration of tech and policy that has taken place in the last twenty years makes it imperative that we do not rely on somebody’s definition of “standard tech” or “on-policy” to resolve our current situations. Harking back to the good old days should be done as a search for what actually worked, not as a appeal to authority.
If I see someone challenging a suggested way of doing things with phrases like, “That’s not standard Tech!” or “That violates HCOPL blah, blah.”, I know I am looking at some one who is stuck in a time warp.
Refer to what actually works
On the other hand, quoting of axioms, relationships and laws makes good sense as these have been proven to work. Material on the ARC and KRC triangles, for example, are useful because they describe phenomena that can be observed and tested.
There are absolute gems of knowledge in the body of technology and policies that we ascribe to LRH. To the extent that they stand up to examination, they should be preserved and used. They should not, however, be treated as holy scriptures. If they are found not to work in some cases, the reason why must be found. There will be no more shooting of messengers bearing uncomfortable truths.
There should be strong support for new ideas
New ideas are priceless when they are accompanied by results and are subject to thorough study and testing.
As some of you are aware, we have been devoting our lives and our fortunes to building a cult and we are reaping the whirlwind that results when any cult gets powerful enough that it no longer responds to public demands for equitable treatment. Our church has developed a dogma that is as rigid and abrasive as any church in the past. The technology and policies put in place by LRH led to the church we have today:
The only tests that should apply now are:
1. What processes work and produce the result intended?
2. How do we provide services that meet expectations?
2. What policies can be applied to handle the current CofS situation to a successful conclusion?
4. What Field Policies can be applied to create and maintain a strong and stable network of field practices?
3. What form of organization will allow for rapid correction of errors, redress of wrongs, ensure delivery of services that are needed and wanted by public on lines?
Here is the result of blindly following top-down policy and altered technology:
1. Our best and brightest highly trained executives are doing menial labor at the Gold compound and have allowed themselves to be suppressed and degraded.
2. OTs and Preclears are being overrun and being forced to run processes they have already run to EP and this is being done under the guise of applying standard tech GAT style.
Forget the labels and the dogma of the past
Find out what actually works and recover it for use by the field. Develop workable Field Policies based on what actually works now, not what works for a cult.
There is a bright future ahead if we actually observe what we observe and act on it. Make your voices heard!
Relying on historical lies or alterations of fact will not get us where we need to go.
Number of views:236